Show Notes on Episode 5
In this episode we discuss dog food and our thoughts on kibble vs. cooked vs. raw (it's an ongoing conversation). We discuss the pros and cons and share our views on a whole range of food-related issues.
Dog Food References in Order of Mentioning
- Chewy.com or Petflow.com (subscribe to discounted food deliveries, brands we like: Blue Buffalo, Taste of the Wild, Candiae, Raw Instict, Orijen, Acana, Merrick). UPDATE: At this point I only recommend: Orijen and Acana in terms of kibble.
- Lawsuit Claims Purina’s Beneful Is Poisoning, Killing Dogs
- BARFworld.com (raw food delivered frozen - Ralf feeds this to Neko)
- The Dog Digest: The 10 Worst Consumer Rated Dry Dog Food Brands
- Are Dogs Carnivores? Here's What New Research Says (VetStreet.com)
- Are Dogs Carnivores — or Omnivores? (DogFoodAdvisor.com)
- Human DNA Health & Ancestry Service
- Feeding a Raw Diet by Cindy Rhodes
Ralf's German Shepherd Rescue Sylvester's Haven: SylvestersHaven.org
View all Podcasts: Podcast Directory at LibSyn
Submit questions or comments at: [email protected]
Support us on Patreon: Help us produce more podcasts!