Show Notes on Episode 1
Your dog was born with a set of instinctive behaviours that it inherited from his parents. These behaviours can be grouped into three broad categories – prey, pack and defence – called drives. How many behaviours a dog has in each drive, will determine his temperament, his personality and how he perceives the world.
Prey Drive: Prey drive is the desire to chase a moving object, and to grab it and shake it once it's caught.
Defensive Drive: A dog's defensive drive is the drive to protect itself from a perceived threat. (Fight Flight, Avoidance)
Pack Drive: Pack drive consists of behaviours associated with being part of a pack, including reproductive behaviours. Dogs are pack animals, which means adhering to a social hierarchy governed by rules of behaviour to assure order. In the case of a dog, the ability to be part of a group translates itself into a willingness to work with us as part of a team.
Fight Drive: Interaction of prey and defence where the dog carries the forwardness of prey with the intensity of defence.
- Volhard Drives and Personality Profile: http://www.volhard.com/pages/canine-personality-profile.php
- Understanding the Drives of Protection Training: http://leerburg.com/drives.htm
- Understanding Drives by Ed Frawley: http://leerburg.com/drives2.htm
- Engagement Skills with Forrest Micke: https://leerburg.com/flix/player.php/1182/Engagement_Skills_with_Forrest_Micke
- Building Drive & Focus with Barnhard Flink: https://leerburg.com/flix/player.php/561/Building_Drive_amp;_Focus
- Drive Development for Competition Obedience with Tami McLeod: https://leerburg.com/flix/player.php/1335/Drive_Development_for_Competition_Obedience_with_Tami_McLeod
- Advanced Concepts in Motivation with Michael Ellis: http://leerburg.com/228.htm
- Leash Skills with Michael Ellis: https://leerburg.com/flix/player.php/1127/Leash_Skills_with_Michael_Ellis
All discussed supplements can be found here: http://www.happydogtraining.info/health/
Natural Parvo Cure (Ralf)
Information on curing Parvo naturally using activated charcoal, electrolyte solution and colloidal silver: https://www.earthclinic.com/pets/parvo.html
Fun Breed Fact (Kyla)
Pitbulls are not a breed, read more at http://www.beautyandthebully.org
Ralf's German Shepherd Rescue Sylvester's Haven: SylvestersHaven.org
Submit questions or comments at: [email protected]