Our Resolving Dog Aggression program is available in three different formats: in-person, as board and train, and virtually. Details below.
Living with an aggressive dog is stressful. Never being certain what will happen on your daily walk, potential injuries, vet bills, legal consequences, and so on. You don't have to live like this. Our comprehensive dog rehabilitation program can resolve your dog aggression problem. We are specialized in resolving dog aggression of all types and will do all we can to give you the dog you always wanted. With over 15 years of experience in resolving aggression in dogs, we can handle any case.
We offer evaluations to determine if this program is right for your situation. Many cases our clients have brought to us did not require this kind of comprehensive approach and could be resolved in the homes of the owners. Let us evaluate how severe your problem truly is. What may feel very serious to you, may not be as bad as it seems. Many of our clients have been surprised how easy some aggression cases could be resolved—especially with younger dogs, it's often much easier than you may think. Let us help you keep your family together!
Our attorneys won't let us guarantee outcomes but to date, we have always succeeded in resolving aggression in dogs where the owners have followed our guidance. If you trust us, we will help you keep your family together.
- We offer a free, in-person evaluation of your dog to determine what kind of behavior your dog demonstrates; this free, initial consultation is non-binding with no risk to you.
- Upon completion of the training, your dog will no longer be aggressive.
- The average resolution time is three to four months but may vary (shorter or longer). We will work with you as long as it takes to fix the problem.
- We film each training session and make the footage available to you in a private YouTube playlist so you can review everything we did, share it with friends or family if you like, and have a memory of your dog's transformation. (Most of our clients love this but it is optional. If you'd rather have us not film anything just let us know)
- Free lifetime support for the dog the program was purchased for; including one free follow-up per month after program completion (by request).
- We may board your dog for an initial period with one of our behaviorists before your dog returns home for phase two of the rehabilitation. Boarding as part of this program is free of charge (additional fees for special needs dogs may apply; i.e. special dietary or medical needs, etc.). This won't be necessary in most cases.
How This Training Works:
- First, we build a personal relationship with your dog so we can work together and help you effectively.
- Second, we teach your dog foundational skills. That means your dog learns a marker system so we can communicate more clearly, re-learns to understand the leash and collar as informational tools and not frustrating restraint devices, and learns to relax on command.
- Third, we develop a more effective rewards game as a high-value reward for your dog during training. This will depend on your dog's drives and desires.
- Forth, we tackle the aggression at its core. These are not superficial fixes. Your dog will begin to change in front of your eyes as we teach him to make better choices.
- We will meet weekly for a 1-2 hour session to work through the phases and practice.
- You will have homework between each session, which will consist of more repetitions of the last session's practices.
- The training is highly motivational and engaging and you will see the relationship between you and your dog become stronger than you ever thought possible. It is a wonderful experience and we can't wait for you to have it.
- For people-aggressive dogs, we may temporarily need to use a muzzle for safety and better control collars but this is rare. Avoiding this is the goal of the first step listed above.
The equipment used during this training is the following: 1.5-2 inch wide, flat collar (depending on the size of your dog), 18-ft tracking leash, 6-ft leash, slip-lead, treat pouch, training treats, tug toys (depends on your dog). We will have all the equipment for sale but you are happy to bring your own. Please don't buy anything prior to the first class. We would hate for you to unnecessarily spend money on the wrong items.
When it comes to resolving aggression we want to make sure this ends well for you and your dog. Our aggression resolution program has a fixed-price, taking the guesswork out of the process. We will work with you until the problem is resolved. Most clients complete training in three to four months. We offer a 2-month payment plan for qualified clients. If approved, you would make the first payment upon training begin and the next payments one month later.
This training program is available in three different ways: board-and-train, in-person, and virtually.
Board and Train: $6200; we do all the work for you and transition your dogs into your home afterward. Your dogs stay with us in the home of one of our trainers, not stowed away in a kennel. You also get 1-2 training videos per week on our YouTube channel, so you can see how your friends are doing. There are several iterations between staying with us and coming home for a period of time in between.
In-Person: $4650; this is the traditional training option where we come to your home and work with you and your dogs hands-on. Given the current pandemic, this option presently starts virtually and converts to in-home sessions once the stay-at-home order is lifted.
Virtually: $3650; this option is almost exactly the same as the in-person option but everything is done via video sessions in our virtual classroom. You can see and hear us and we can see and hear you. We demo with our dogs and guide you through to success with yours. Many of our clients LOVE this option, as it avoids driving and allows for more flexibility while still achieving the same outcomes and success. We use Zoom and it works on any laptop, tablet, or mobile device. As long as you have a camera connected or built-in, you're good to go.
Based out of Riverside County, Happy Dog Training offers a broad range of dog training and behavioral services. Our in-person and board and train services are available in Riverside County, Orange County, San Bernardino County, Los Angeles County, and San Diego County. In addition, Happy Dog Training offers coaching and virtual training services worldwide.