“You got a dog to have a friend. You want training so your friend is more pleasant to live with.”
We resisted offering a group class for the longest time, as we were never really happy with how they turned out. I looked at many models and tried many approaches. We have A LOT of clients who have been through big box store group classes and their dogs were still a nightmare because they failed to do the one thing you went there for in the first place. Make your dog more pleasant to live with!
Our group class is different.
- Week 1: Introduction, Attention Exercises, Divided Attention, Markers. Week 1 is without dogs.
- Week 2: Focus, Attention and Drive Through Game Play, Treat Games, Leash Work, Commands
- Week 3: Understanding Rewards, Commands
- Week 4: More Markers, Commands
- Week 5: Commands and Practice
- Week 6: Commands, Attention Exercises
- Week 7: Practice with Distractions, Problem Solving Strategies
- Week 8: Practice Drills
- Week 9: Skills Test, Award Ceremony
Club & Group Class Details:
- The Happy Dog Club is a group class membership program. For a one-time fee of $295, your dog can attend as many group classes as you like. We want you come back for future classes!
- Each group class is limited to about 15 dogs, so we can give everyone enough personal attention.
- Prices are per dog and every dog needs to come with their own handler. All dog handlers need to be 18 years or older and kids under 18 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult handling your dog.
- You're welcome to bring your partner.
- All dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Parvo and Distemper, as well free of parasites. We accept titer tests and vet bills as proof of vaccination and fecal tests. Look for Rabies, DAPP or DHPP on your vet bill. Rabies must be current as required by law, Parvo and distemper vaccines within the last 5 years, titer tests within the last 6 months, fecal tests within the last 3 months.
- Each group class session runs about 90 minutes.
- Classes are held in Riverside (enrolling now), San Marcos (coming soon) and Temecula (coming soon) and current schedules and class dates can always be found on this page.
Group classes are highly engaging and fun for your dog. You will love being part of the Happy Dog Club!
|6:30 pm||coming soon||coming soon|