“You got a dog to have a friend. You want training so your friend is more pleasant to live with.”
For the longest time we have resisted offering group classes as we were never really happy with how they turned out. We looked at many models and tried many approaches. We got A LOT of clients who have been through big box store group classes and their dogs were still a nightmare to live with.
Our group classes are different.
We want you to enjoy your dog! We want you to know how to handle new and unfamiliar situations your dog may get into down the line. We want to support you and your dog for his entire life. We are proud to offer you official Pack To Basics Group Classes as designed by Chad Mackin!
JOIN THE HAPPY DOG CLUB!
The Happy Dog Club is different. We don't try the impossible by promising you a perfectly trained dog in six weeks. That's unrealistic. It takes a lot more time to train a dog to be reliable in all circumstances. We want to help you to enjoy your dog. Have fun learning new skills and feel confident in yourself with your dog as new situations arise. We want to empower you to focus on what matters to you. Come back to any future Happy Dog Club Group Class to learn more if you like. You decide how much you want your dog to learn.
Our Happy Dog Club Group Class is a 9-week, fixed-price group class with a final skills test for your dog and a class certificate in week 9. We cover:
- Week 1: Introduction, Attention Exercises, Divided Attention, Markers. Week 1 is without dogs.
- Week 2: Focus, Attention and Drive Through Game Play, Treat Games, Leash Work, Commands
- Week 3: Understanding Rewards, Commands
- Week 4: More Markers, Commands
- Week 5: Commands and Practice
- Week 6: Commands, Attention Exercises
- Week 7: Practice with Distractions, Problem Solving Strategies
- Week 8: Practice Drills
- Week 9: Skills Test, Award Ceremony
Club & Class Details:
- The Happy Dog Club is a group class membership program. For a one-time fee of $295, your dog can attend as many group classes as you like. We want you come back for future classes!
- Each group class is limited to about 15 dogs, so we can give everyone enough personal attention.
- Prices are per dog and every dog needs to come with their own handler. All dog handlers need to be 18 years or older and kids under 18 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult handling your dog.
- You're welcome to bring your partner.
- All dogs must be current on the following vaccinations: Rabies, Parvo and Distemper, as well free of parasites. We accept titer tests and vet bills as proof of vaccination and fecal tests. Look for Rabies, DAPP or DHPP on your vet bill. Rabies must be current as required by law, Parvo and distemper vaccines within the last 5 years, titer tests within the last 6 months, fecal tests within the last 3 months.
- Each group class session runs about 90 minutes.
- Classes are held in Riverside (enrolling now), San Marcos (coming soon) and Temecula (coming soon) and current schedules and class dates can always be found on this page.
Group classes are highly engaging and fun for your dog. You will love being part of the Happy Dog Club!
|6:30 pm||coming soon||coming soon|
We will contact you by email after signup for proof of vaccination and fecal tests, as well as the mandatory liability waiver for the class location.
Don't wait any longer! Enroll above or contact us here if you have any questions about Happy Dog Club group classes.