“You got a dog to have a friend. You want training so your friend is not a yerk.”
What in the world is a virtual dog training group class? You may wonder. Well, how do regular dog training group classes work?
- An instructor explains what to do and how to do it.
- The exercise is demonstrated with one dog.
- You try it with your dog and get feedback.
- Then you practice.
- Meet again and review your progress.
All of that can be done using modern meeting technology. You can see your trainer and your trainer can see you. You can talk to each other in real-time. It's really no different in that aspect. BUT virtual dog training group classes have some key advantages:
- Your dog doesn't have to deal with a stressful environment they may not be ready for.
- As your dog is more comfortable, exercises will work a lot better, faster.
- Your trainer gets to see your dog in a positive, low-stress environment, so he/she can give you get better-personalized guidance.
- You can be anywhere you and your dog are comfortable. All you need is your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- You can learn from a professional dog trainer with over 15 years and experience and over 1000 dogs personally trained under his belt. Try finding that in a pet box store class.
I resisted offering group classes for the longest time, as I was never really happy with how they turned out. I looked at many models and tried many approaches. We have A LOT of clients who have been through big box store group classes and their dogs were still a nightmare because they failed to do the one thing you went there for in the first place. Make your dog more pleasant to live with!
Our group class is different.
You should be able to enjoy your dog! We want you to know how to handle new and unfamiliar situations your dog may get into down the line. With us, you have support for your dog for his entire life.
We don't try the impossible by promising you a perfectly trained dog in six weeks. That's unrealistic. It takes a lot more time to train a dog to be reliable in all circumstances. We want to help you to enjoy your dog. Have fun learning new skills and feel confident in yourself with your dog as new situations arise. We want to empower you to focus on what matters to you.
Come back to any future Virtual Group Class to learn more if you like. You decide how much you want your dog to learn.
Our Virtual Group Class is a 6-week, fixed-price group class. We cover:
- Week 1: Introduction; Creating Engagement.
- Week 2: Commands: Come and Leave It; Collar Conditioning.
- Week 3: Command: Sit; Focus and Attention Exercises.
- Week 4: Command: Down; Leash Walking.
- Week 5: Command: Stay; Questions and Answers.
- Week 6: Problem Solving; Questions and Answers.
Available Time Slots:
Sundays, 6:30pm - 7:30 pm; next start date: TBD - email us to to join the waitlist